Prepared by Members of the Landscape Institute Scotland
The Landscape Institute Scotland are proud to present this digital showcase from its members that focus on reclaiming the outdoors as we emerge from the effects of the Covid19 global pandemic.
The ideas demonstrate simple and effective design solutions going forward, as well as support the longer term climate crisis action, and address the following challenges that can utilise the outdoors:-
- How to encourage health and wellbeing activities;
- How to safely educate children;
- How to get people moving safely to work or around;
- How to recreate a social life for our communities;
- How we can use more of our outdoor spaces for the benefit of society and the planet.
The LIS would like to thank the following:-
- The individuals and organisations that provided ideas for this showcase who are listed on the rear cover.
- The staff and graduating landscape students at the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Edinburgh School of Art for preparing the digital edition of the showcase and also content for a future exhibition.