Scotland’s natural environment is one of its finest assets. At present the way that information about key species and habitats is incorporated into the decision-making process varies greatly across the country. The conference will explore the issues relating to collating, sharing and using information about the natural environment in decision-making, the legal duties and responsibilities for organisations and highlight examples of best-practice.
- Keynote speech – Paul Wheelhouse, Minister for Environment and Climate Change.
- The Scottish Biodiversity Strategy and the ‘biodiversity duty’ for public authorities.
- The National Biodiversity Network (NBN) and its role in data sharing
- Local hubs for environmental information – the role of local records centres.
- The Scottish Biodiversity Information Forum – bringing together data providers, managers and users to identify problems and solutions affecting the flow of environmental data.
- Use of environmental data in the planning process by developers and Local Authorities.
Lochside House Hotel is a stunning venue set in an outstanding loch-side location. Conveniently located just off the A76 NW of New Cumnock.
SUP member (individual/corporate) Free
Book tickets HERE
For more information, please contact Mark Pollitt at DGERC (01387 760274 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click HERE for more information.