The Mark Turnbull Travel Award
Please be aware of ongoing advice on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from the Landscape Institute that may affect this event. Please check here for up-to-date alerts. These alerts will inform members of any plans to postpone, cancel or move events to a digital platform.
Mark Turnbull was one of the country’s most eminent Landscape Architects, winner of the Landscape Institute’s Gold Medal Award and recognised for the contribution that overseas learning and experience from his training and work in the USA brought to his practice in Scotland. The Award focusses on using overseas travel to gain insight into best and innovative landscape practice to address some of the current landscape challenges facing Scotland. The award will benefit future generations of graduate landscape architects in Scotland as well as practice of Landscape Architecture by bringing overseas experience and knowledge back to the country.
The Landscape Institute Scotland would like to thank Sharon Turnbull for her generous support of this Travel Award in the memory of Mark Turnbull.
Would you like to be part of one of the most active branches in the UK? There are opportunities for involvement and to enhance the profession in Scotland. We invite you to view the description of the work of the LIS and these roles
- 5.45 – 6.15 Registration and Refreshments
- 6.15 Introduction by Rachel Tennant, Chair LIS
- 6.20 – 6.35 Samuel Cortis: Joint Winner of Mark Turnbull Travel Award: Making Room for Social Spaces; an exploration of how community focused and managed landscapes can shape development strategies for Scotland.
- 6.35 – 6.50 Dr Amber Roberts: Joint Winner of Mark Turnbull Travel Award – Food and Flood Resilience: Climate Change Innovations – Learning from Europe
- 6.50 – 7.05 René Sommer Lindsay – Senior Urban Designer and Climate Resilience consultant. Placemaking infrastructure
- 7.05 – 7.20 Clive Bowman – Zero Waste Scotland – Design principles for a Circular Economy
- 7.20 – 7.30 Q&A
- 7.30 – 7.50 LIS AGM: Welcome, apologies, approval of Minutes and Treasurers Report; Chairs Report – Landscape Institute Scotland activities for the year and for the future; Election of Office Bearers and Committee; AOB and Chairs closing remarks
- 7.50 – 8.00 Landscape Institute update
- 8.00- 8.45 Refreshments
For full details. including how to book tickets, please see EventBrite