1. Michael Dougall President of the Glasgow Institute of Architects attended the meeting.
• A common interest in design, joint events and competitions
• Landscape Architects and Technicians are within the remit of the Architects Benevolent Society
• NG to attend GIA Committee Meetings
2. New website is up and running with only a few matters to be resolved before handover to LIS . LIS Inspiring great places logo now on all LIS communications. Working Group setup for management and development of website and other social media.
3. Events and Competitions progressing
4. The issue of the poor quality of tender information from local authorities and the need to provide guidance on how to write a brief for Landscape Services was discussed. This issue was thought to be UK wide and MT was requested to discuss the issue with Simon Odell LI Director of Technical and Professional Services in the first instance. It was agreed that a short 2 or 3 page flowchart/checklist was the way to approach this. LIS prepared to write a brief for this.
Please click HERE for the full Committee Meeting Minutes for July 2014