Want to inspire the next generation to grow?
RHS looking for volunteers from the horticultural industry to mentor small teams of 12-14 year old students through Green Plan It 2019.
Over ten weeks, you’ll help students to plan and create a model garden for their school or community and support them to share their ideas. You’ll offer inspiration to enable young people to make their own decisions about their ideal green space! As a mentor, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Share your knowledge with young people
- Introduce young people to the power of plants
- Encourage positive social action
- Network with other horticultural mentors
- Develop your coaching skills and confidence
- Feel good about making a difference
“It was rewarding to be involved with a group of young people who were so interested and interesting. They thought of design opportunities that never occurred to me, so taught me a thing or two!” – Green Plan It Mentor, 2018
Find out more or get involved here