The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force on 6 April 2015, replacing CDM 2007. LIS Scotland have arranged for Colin Moore CMLI to present a 1/2 day seminar on the new CDM 2015 regulations and is aimed at anyone with duties under the Regulations, including Landscape Architects, Landscape Contractors, Landscape and Garden Designers. The seminar will cover:
• Introduction: Health and Safety and CDM Background; Background to the CDM 2015
• Differences CDM 2015 compared to 2007
• Duties of the Dutyholders: Client, Designers, Principal Designer, Principal Contractor, Contractors, Workers
• Documents etc: Pre-construction Information, Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, Health and Safety File
• Undertaking Designer’s Duties and Principal Designer’s Duties
• Issues arising from CDM 2015
• Standard Form Contracts and CDM 2015
Colin Moore has worked in the landscape industry for 40 years, initially as a landscape foreman and site agent for a landscape contractor, followed by a Clerk of Works for a landscape architecture practice. After working for the London Borough of Hammersmith for a couple of years, he worked for various landscape practices before establishing Moore Piet + Brookes (MP+B) as senior partner for 20 years. He is now a consultant landscape architect providing advice to other practices, undertaking his own landscape projects and providing landscape training and teaching particularly on contracts and the CDM Regulations for many different organisations including LI Branches, Groundwork, BALI, authorities and private practices.
Colin is a recognised expert in landscape construction and maintenance contracts. He has been doing the revisions to the JCLI Contracts since 1993. He is the Chair and the Landscape Institute’s representative on the JCLI Contracts Forum and serves on the LI Advisory Council, Technical Committee and Biosecurity Working Group. He advises the Landscape Institute on Contracts and CDM related issues and answers Members’ queries through the LI and Talking Landscapes.
Book your place by following the Eventbrite link below:
Where: Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, 16 Saint Mary’s Street, EH1 1SU Edinburgh, United Kingdom
When: Wednesday, 24 June 2015 from 14:00 to 17:30 (BST)