Following the success of the Festival of Architecture 2016, the Landscape Institute Scotland in association with the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland is doing it all over again – FoA2017 is here! The month of September will see Scotland celebrating the Scottish Landscape and Architecture Professions based on this year’s theme, our homes.
The LIS wish to participate through the Scottish Civic Trust ‘Doors Open Day’ scheme. We are inviting practices and organisations to celebrate by opening their doors for one day in September under the title of ‘At Home with Landscape Architecture’ with the aim of:-
- Showing best practice examples of residential design and place making from macro to micro.
- Demonstrating to members of the public and other built environment professionals how the landscape profession helps create great places for communities to live as well as increase natural capital, integrate aesthetic issues with practical demands for safety, access, property value, water management, habitat improvement and health.
- Providing opportunity for young people to experience the exciting creative possibilities that the landscape profession offers as a career.
We hope practices and organisations will be willing to spare some time for this celebration of our profession’s unique skills in creating outstanding places for people to live.
We are looking for initial expressions of interest in this worthwhile initiative and in the first instance could members email their willingness to participate to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Tennant at the email address above.
The aims of FoA2017are to provide:
- opportunities for the public to participate and engage with an activity that recognises and celebrates architecture / the landscape profession;
- opportunities to reach a wide audience locally, nationally or internationally
- bring architecture/ the landscape profession into education / working with young people or children
- increase awareness and skills in architecture and the built and natural environment.
Find out more about the LIS activities and events for the FOA 2017 HERE