Branch action plan
LIS Business Plan 2017-2021
Please see the attached PDF LIS Business Plan 2017-2021
Please see the attached PDF of the 2017-2021 update 2019
- Communicate with the committee and corresponding members of the Committee
- Organise a year plan of membership activities
- Operate a financial budget, keep accounts and seek annual funds from LI HQ.
- Organise the Annual General Meeting and and associated event.
- Branch Rep to take part in and LI Advisory Council meetings.
- Contribute to, and manage, the Scottish section of the website and social media to communicate with the membership.
- Assist LI to develop draft policies and initiatives in consultation with members and others.
- Work with other organsiations to develop policy responses
- Liaise with news media to publicise landscape matters and concerns.
- Maintain and update the LIS Development / Action Plan.
- Examine and develop possible commercial funding strategies.
- Engage with Scottish Government Departments and Agencies.
- Engage with other environmental professional organizations
- Engage with environmental forums
- Engage with the voluntary environmental sector
- Publicise CPD events organised by other organisations.
- Organise landscape CPD events, in partnership where appropriate.
Membership & organisational work
- Welcome new LI members and introduce them to Branch activities; update database.
- Liaise with LI HQ staff based in London.
- Liaise with University of Edinburgh, School of Landscape Architecture.
LIS Committee Roles
Please see the attached PDF 2020-2021 LIS Role and Posts
Private and Academic Sector Survey
Please see the attached word file LIS Private and Academic Sector Strategy
The Architects Benevolent Society (ABS) is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated to helping architects, assistants, technologists, technicians, landscape architects – and their families – in times of need. They help people of all ages who have experienced illness, accident, redundancy, unemployment, bereavement or other personal misfortune. Their support ranges from confidential advice to financial assistance.
Please remember that the society are available to support any member of the Landscape Institute (or their family) in times of need.
To find out more about the work of the ABS:
firstname.lastname@example.org (If you would like to make a donation, or help fundraise)
email@example.com (For general enquiries)