Branch action plan
- Communicate with Corresponding members of the Committee in remoter parts of Scotland.
- Operate a financial budget, keep accounts and seek annual funds from LI HQ.
- Organise the Annual General Meeting and conference.
- Take part in LI Branch Forums and LI Advisory Council meetings.
- Contribute to, and manage, the Scottish section of the website.
- Develop draft policies and initiatives in consultation with members and others.
- Liaise with news media to publicise landscape matters and concerns.
- Maintain and update the LIS Development / Action Plan.
- Examine and develop possible commercial funding strategies.
- Engage with Scottish Government Departments and Agencies.
- Engage with other environmental professional organizations, e.g. RTPI, RIAS, RICS, and ICE.
- Engage with environmental forums e.g. Greenspace Scotland and A+DS.
- Engage with the voluntary environmental sector, e.g. SWT, RSPB, WWF Scotland, CWA, Reforesting Scotland, and NTS.
- Publicise CPD events organised by other organisations.
- Organise landscape CPD events, in partnership where appropriate.
Membership & organisational work
- Welcome new LI members and introduce them to Branch activities; update database.
- Liaise with LI HQ staff based in London.
- Liaise with University of Edinburgh, School of Landscape Architecture.
LIS Committee Roles
Please see the attached PDF 2017-2018 LIS Role and Posts
LIS Business Plan 2015-2020
Please see the attached PDF LIS Business Plan 2015-2020
Private and Academic Sector Survey
Please see the attached word file LIS Private and Academic Sector Strategy
The Architects Benevolent Society (ABS) is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated to helping architects, assistants, technologists, technicians, landscape architects – and their families – in times of need. They help people of all ages who have experienced illness, accident, redundancy, unemployment, bereavement or other personal misfortune. Their support ranges from confidential advice to financial assistance.
Please remember that the society are available to support any member of the Landscape Institute (or their family) in times of need.
To find out more about the work of the ABS:
email@example.com (If you would like to make a donation, or help fundraise)
firstname.lastname@example.org (For general enquiries)