The LIS are participating in the Scottish Civic Trust ‘Doors Open Day’ scheme across Scotland on the 5th and the 16th of September. The aims of this scheme are to:
- Show best practice examples of residential design and place making from macro to micro.
- Demonstrate to members of the public and other built environment professionals how the landscape profession helps create great places for communities to live as well as increase natural capital, integrate aesthetic issues with practical demands for safety, access, property value, water management, habitat improvement and health.
- Provide opportunity for young people to experience the exciting creative possibilities that the landscape profession offers as a career.
The following practices will be opening their doors as part of At Home With Landscape Architecture:
- Horner MacClennan Studios in Inverness (1 Dochfour Home Farm, Inverness IV3 8GY) on the 5th of September from 10am to 5pm
- The Boilerhouse at the Tramway (25A Albert Dr, Glasgow G41 2PE) on the 16th of September from 12:30pm to 7:00pm. Included as part of this will be the Prospect and Refuge exhibition.